Monday, June 29, 2009

'Bout time I let you know how I did....

I came through the surgery very well with no complications (so far) and I feel pretty good. I don't know why now I was so frightened; for some reason I thought sure I was not going to make it through the surgery and that went very well. The growth on my left ovary was, in the doctor's words, "small, about the size of a tennis ball"....What the hell is big if a tennis ball is small?!?! and benign, which was the absolute best part of it all.

So I came home the next day and I've been home recuperating from probably the easiest surgery I've ever gone through. I've been knitting, though nothing too complicated because of the pain meds, and reading and snoozing and watching tons of nothing on TV. I've gone for walks and taken Mike to the grocery store because as long as I don't take the narcotic pain meds, I have no restrictions on driving. On the driving front, I'm not going too far because it takes a lot out of me, but the store is just too far to make Mike walk and then carry groceries home. I can take him, he can shop and do all the lugging and we do ok between us.

I'll post more another night as I'm tired tonight.
So, until next time, wear natural fibers; hug your cats!
Ellen

3 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    Glad to hear you came through with good news to boot.
    Now don't do things you aren't suppose to and over do.I found that was my biggest temptation, to over do.
    Just enjoy resting for a bit now. Elsie <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your surgery went well and that it was in the end nothing to worry about. :) What spinning wheel are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elsie! I'm also back to work already, only 4 weeks later.

    Venus, the wheel is a Kromski Sonata and I just love it. It spins like a dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I think it's amazing that people care enough about what I'm writing to comment.