Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In a good mood

It's Tuesday, May 5, and I'm officially in a good mood. I went for a follow-up visit to my gynecological oncologist (yes, I was scared) and got good news and not so good news. The good news is I do not have cancer, and believe me, I was worried for while there. The not so good news is that I will probably still have to have a hysterectomy as other issues are making my life difficult enough that it will be better for me to do this now than to live through all the mess and end up still having to do it later anyway.

The best news about the hysterectomy is that it can be done laparoscopically and there will only be a 2-week recuperation so my whole summer will not be shot because of a long recuperation.

So, let's see, what else has happened since I signed in? I was invited and signed up to make an item out of my own handspun wool from a CVM Romeldale sheep for possible display at Rhinebeck! How cool is that? All I have to do now is finish spinning the wool, finish working out the pattern, ply the wool and wind it into balls for knitting, knit the swatches, knit the project, and send it in by September 1. Whew! Thinking about it like that scares me, but I'll get it done. I can just imagine going to Rhinebeck in October and taking a picture of my work on display at one of the biggest Sheep & Wool Festivals on the East Coast. Better get cracking!

Don't forget, wear natural fibers; hug your cats!
Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elly,
    Good to hear from you... Well i am glad for the good report and chin up, I had my surgery when I was 40 and never looked back.Felt so much better afterward.Wish I had done it sooner.
    Hey you made me tired writting out your list . Remember you can only do One thing at a time.
    Make your list and mark each one off after you finish it and you will be surprised how fast it will go.don't wear yourself out by thinking about more tham one at a time. Lol
    have a good week.
    Elsie <><

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. I think it's amazing that people care enough about what I'm writing to comment.